Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney 'will remain at club'

...................


David Moyes has again said Wayne Rooney will stay at Manchester United.
The 27-year-old is travelling home from the club's pre-season tour in Thailand because of a hamstring problem.
Speculation about the England striker's future has continued despite the new United boss saying last week that Rooney was not for sale.
"It's hard to keep repeating myself. But I will do. Wayne is a Manchester United player and will remain that," he said.
"Unless I was speaking double Dutch I think we said Wayne Rooney is not for sale."
Chelsea are also in Thailand and new manager Jose Mourinho was questioned on Friday about whether he was interested in signing Rooney. 
He said: "I cannot speak about players from other teams but you know me. I have always said what I think and I like the player very much.
"I cannot say more than that. He is fast and direct. I like him but he is a Manchester United player."
Asked if he thought Mourinho was being mischievous, Moyes said: "I don't think so.

Moyes on the reception in Thailand

"We arrived at the airport and I heard lots of screaming young ladies. I don't think it was at me. It was like a famous pop group arriving. It was an incredible welcome."
"People are entitled to talk about good players. I'm getting asked plenty of questions about Wayne so I'm sure Jose will be getting asked about lots of players as well."
Rooney, who has scored 197 goals in 402 appearances for United, is expected to be injured for two to three weeks, less than the month initially stated on Thursday.
United face Wigan in the Community Shield at Wembley on August 11, with England playing Scotland in a friendly three days later. The Red Devils' Premier League title defence begins at Swansea on 17 August.
Rooney felt his hamstring tighten at the end of United's last training session before flying to Bangkok.
"It's a blow that we've lost him because he's been training well and looking very good," said Moyes.
"But unfortunately he just felt something in his hamstring. I don't foresee any problem with Wayne starting the season and being fit for the start of the season."
Meanwhile, Moyes refused to be drawn on questions about whether he was interested in signing 22-year-old Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara.
Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola said on Thursday that he wanted to take the Spain Under-21 captain to Germany.
SOURCE:BBCSPORTS http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-e0QpO-QtZzE/U5DWDUZasXI/AAAAAAAABWg/QlFF97gwNdc/s1600/RAHA+GIF.gif
GIVE YOUR OPINIONS HERE

0 comments: